You haven't found the answer to your question? Try our Help section.
Getting started: Users
Start using the SWIFT Secure Signature Key
If you are an end-user and have received your 3SKey token and its activation password from your 3SKey administrator, then proceed with the following steps.
If you are a designated 3SKey administrator, please click here.
How to set up and activate 3SKey tokens:
You have received a 3SKey token and default password from your administrator. Your administrator prepared your token by adding it to the user group.
Set up your system
The SWIFT 3Skey token management portal currently supports the use of Java and Sconnect, both can be used to activate and manage the tokens.
3SKey users must liaise with the service provider of their signing application to determine whether it requires the Java or Sconnect software.
The provision and use of the 3SKey solution are governed by the 3SKey Terms and Conditions. Always refer to the latest available version on SWIFT Contracts.
For more information about the features and functions of the 3SKey solution, and your roles and responsibilities as a 3SKey user or 3SKey subscriber or those of SWIFT as the provider of the 3SKey solution, regularly check the latest available version of the 3SKey Service Description on Documentation.
Important: the provision and use of 3SKey tokens are subject to United States export restrictions and other sanction programmes. Persons located in or from Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan or Syria, and persons identified on US government or EU "denied party" or the "Specifically Designated Nationals" lists, are not permitted to possess or use 3SKey tokens.
Click here to accept the 3SKey Terms and Conditions referred to above.
By accepting, you also represent and warrant to SWIFT that you are not subject to any of the export restrictions and other sanction programmes that would prohibit your possession or use of the 3SKey tokens.
Instructions for Windows
- Ensure that no 3SKey token is plugged in and that you have administrator rights on your computer
- Download and install the SWIFT Token Client
- Double-click the zip file that you downloaded to open it, and double-click 3SKey_token_install.exe to start the installation
- Should you encounter difficulties move 3SKey_token_install.exe on your desktop, right-click the file and click "Run as administrator"
- Go to the SConnect installation page to trigger the installation for the SConnect browser extension and follow the on-screen instructions
How to install SConnect for more information.
Note : Your signing application might still require Java, please contact your provider for more information. If you did not install SConnect you can also use Java and Internet Explorer 11 to login to the 3SKey portal. If installed, Sconnect will be the preferred method of logging in to the 3SKey portal.
Instructions for MAC OSThe use of 3SKey tokens has been qualified on MAC OS. The support is limited to using 3SKey tokens on a MAC for signing transactions. The token management, including the activation on the 3SKey portal, must be done from a PC. Please refer to Installation and support for Mac OS.
Log in to activate your 3SKey Token
1. Insert your token into a USB port.
2. Log in
Go to http://www.3skey.com and click Login.
You must use Microsoft Windows and your browser must be correctly configured.
During this procedure, you will be prompted three times to enter the default password provided by your administrator.
Your Unique ID appears (for example, corp12345678). When the token has been activated, it must be registered with each bank with which you have a relationship.
3. Follow the instructionsFollow the instructions on the screen, without removing the token from the USB port.
Activation of the key will take a few minutes. Please do not cancel the operation by closing the browser or unplugging the token. If the connection times out or hangs for more than 5 minutes then you should restart the browser and log back in, the activation will resume from the last step.
4. Is your token correctly prepared by your administrator?If the following window appears when you start the activation process, then your token was not properly prepared by your administrator. You must contact your token administrator who will add it to his user list.
5. Accept the general conditions and start the activationIf the token has been correctly prepared by the administrator, then the following window appears after you have accepted the general conditions. Click "Next".
6. Choose a new personal passwordImportant
Be sure you store the password safely. If the password is lost or if the token is locked after entering five consecutive incorrect passwords, then the token can only be reset with the help of your administrator.
7. Download the security code
The security code is generated automatically during token activation and allows the transfer of the Unique ID to a new token which avoids the need to re-register with the banks with which you have a relationship.
Be sure you store the secure code safely. If the password or token is lost, then you need the secure code in order to reset or recover the token
8. Generate key
The certificate is being activated. This process takes a few seconds. If it hangs for more than 5 minutes then restart the browser, log back in with the new password and retry the operation, the activation will resume at this step.
9. Activation is completeWhen activation of the token is complete, the following screen appears:
The token is now activated.
Register your token with your bank
Register the information displayed at the Activation complete screen with your partners. To display that information again please log back in with the token on the 3SKey portal and click on the Key Information menu. If you have questions about the registration, please contact your bank.