You haven't found the answer to your question? Try our Help section.
Getting started: for administrators
Start using the SWIFT Secure Signature Key
If you are a designated 3SKey administrator and need to setup the 3SKey solution for your organization, then proceed with the following steps.
If you are an end user, please click here.
How to set up a 3SKey solution for your organization:
Make sure you assigned two persons to be the administrators for 3SKey
The administrators will be responsible for the creation and management of the users.
Identify the persons in your organization who will need a token to sign transactions
You will need to know how many users (and tokens) need to be added.
Check that you received your tokens and a default token password from your bank
You need a minimum of two 3SKey tokens to perform the setup.
Ensure that you have at least 2 USB ports on your 3SKey host
This is required0 during assignment of the administrators and for adding additional users.
Please make sure your machine is correctly configured
Refer to the page Verify the configuration of Java and Internet Explorer.
Install the 3SKey software
The provision and use of the 3SKey solution are governed by the 3SKey Terms and Conditions. Always refer to the latest available version on SWIFT Contracts.
For more information about the features and functions of the 3SKey solution, and your roles and responsibilities as a 3SKey user or 3SKey subscriber or those of SWIFT as the provider of the 3SKey solution, regularly check the latest available version of the 3SKey Service Description on Documentation.
Important: the provision and use of 3SKey tokens are subject to United States export restrictions and other sanction programmes. Persons located in or from Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan or Syria, and persons identified on US government or EU 'denied party' or specifically designated nationals lists, are not permitted to possess or use 3SKey tokens.
Click here to accept the 3SKey Terms and Conditions referred to above.
By accepting, you also represent and warrant to SWIFT that you are not subject to any of the export restrictions and other sanction programmes that would prohibit your possession or use of the 3SKey tokens. Then click Continue.
Note: If you encounter issues during installation, please check the steps described here
Support for MAC OS: the use of 3SKey tokens has been qualified on MAC OS. The support is limited to using 3SKey tokens on a MAC for signing transactions. The token management, including the activation, on the 3SKey portal must be done from a PC.
Login to define the administrators
Ensure that you have 2 unactivated tokens and a default password that you received with the tokens. Then you can proceed as follows:
1. Insert the first token into a USB port.
2. Log inGo to http://www.3skey.com and click on "Log in".
You will be asked to enter the default password three times during this procedure.
Your Unique ID will appear (for example, corp12345678). Once the token has been activated, it must be registered with each bank with which you have a relationship.
Do not remove the token from the USB port during this procedure. Ensure you complete each step in less than 5 minutes. If your connection remains inactive for more than 5 minutes, you will be disconnected from the portal for security reasons.
3. Accept the terms and conditionsAfter logging in, you have to accept the Terms and Conditions related to accessing the 3SKey Portal. Click "Continue".
A Warning appears that the token does not belong to a user group. Click "Continue".
4. Insert the second unactivated tokenThe following window appears:
Insert the second unactivated token into another USB port, without removing the first Administrator token.
5. Choose an Alias for each token.SWIFT recommends that you make this a meaningful name to easily identify the holder of each token.
6. Enter the password for the second administrator token.This is the default password that you received with the tokens.
7. Click "Create user group".The following window appears:
Remove the second administrator token from the USB port (still without removing the first administrator token) and give it to the second administrator who must activate it.
Ensure that the second administrator has the default password received with the token.
Click "Continue" to activation and the portal automatically continues with the activation of the first administrator
Activate the First Administrator Token
To activate the first administrator token, follow the instructions on the screen:
1. Choose a new personal password.Important!
Be sure you store the password safely. If the password is lost or if the token is locked after entering five consecutive incorrect passwords, then the token can only be reset with the help of another administrator.
2. Register your e-mail address.The registration and management of your e-mail address is entirely under your control. On the 3SKey portal, you can register, change, or remove your e-mail address at any time.
- Type the e-mail address that you want SWIFT to use for operational notifications.
- Confirm your e-mail address by re-entering it.
- Click "Save".
3. Download the security code.
This code was automatically generated during token activation.
Be sure you store the secure code safely. If the password or token is lost, then you need the secure code in order to reset or recover the token.
4. Activation is complete.When activation of the token is complete, the following screen appears:
The token is now activated and can be used to sign transactions and administer user tokens.
We strongly recommend to add an email id to help with token renewal planning. Administrators will receive periodic reports showing all tokens close to expiry.
Add 3SKey users
As an administrator, you can add 3SKey users as follows:
Ensure that you have the unactivated tokens and the default password that was received with the tokens.
Note: The second administrator provided during the previous steps, was already added automatically.
1. Insert the Administrator token into a USB port.
2. Log inGo to http://www.3skey.com and click "Log in".
Enter your personal password.
The following window appears:
3. Click "Add user".The following window appears:
Insert an unactivated token into a second USB port, without removing the first Administrator token.
4. Enter default password and meaningful description.In the Add user window, enter the default password and type a meaningful Description. In the Role field select User.
5. Click "Add".The following window appears:
A user token has been added.
To add another token, click "Add another" and repeat this procedure.
To finish adding tokens, click "Done".
Users and administrators activate their tokens
Give a not activated token and the default password that was received with the tokens to each user/backup administrator.
Users and administrators must follow the Getting started Instructions for the 3SKey User to activate their token.
Note: Always ensure you perform the Add user procedure before you give the token to the user.